Thursday, November 22, 2007

What's With The New Blog?

Just another attempt at organizing MIS routines.

Since I just started with my MIS studies at UPOU, I've had less time for my other blogs, (Half-Empty, Half-Full and The Domino Effect both at Wordpress). It might seem a little odd then that one of the reasons I chose to fix my already crazy schedule is to create yet another one.

But what can I do, I have to start organizing stuff somewhere. At the rate regular and freelance work along with family responsibilities pour in, I can't make a dedicated and specialized online storage for the things the way I want it. Throw in the slow yet merciless ticking of the clock and I have to make my move now.

Why the Blog? Because I don't have the time to create a CMS for the stuff, not even something half-baked. Sure there are several-minute-setup CMS services out there but I'm more used to blogging. Perhaps a move elsewhere in the future might be in order but for now, this should do.

Why Blogger? I find the functionalities of Wordpress too constraining especially the lack of support for some HTML and Javascript, especially for the latter. Since I intend to include some functionalities here, the lack of client-side scripting appears glaring.

So after a deep breath, here goes nothing...

No comments: